I undertake a wide range of consultancy projects for both local authorities and the private sector. Examples include:
- Feasibility studies into the development of new cemeteries and crematoria
- Design of new cemeteries, crematoria and memorial gardens
- Strategic and operational reviews of cemeteries and crematoria
- Cremator replacement and installation of flue gas treatment
- Regional, district and local burial space audits
- Advice on specific operational issues
- Review of contractual arrangements for service delivery
- Education and development of personnel
I am always looking for fresh challenges and new opportunities to provide innovative solutions to my clients’ needs.
My career in Bereavement Services began in 1983, following 10 years activity in various fields including further education, warehousing, horticulture and arboriculture. I have practical experience at all levels in Bereavement Services, from gravedigging and cremator operation to management in both public and private sectors.
In addition to my full-time work, for 5 years I was Technical Officer for the Institute of Burial and Cremation Administration (IBCA). I was also Tutor for the Institute's Law of Burial, Cremation and Exhumation course for 9 years and am widely regarded as having particular expertise in this field.
Since 2002, my work as an independent consultant has involved me in a very wide range of consultancy activities for more than 60 clients, many of whom choose to use me on more than one project. I combine technical and legal expertise with an understanding of the realities of delivering Bereavement Services.
Hong Kong 2009